Sunday, February 20, 2011

Back to the Track

I ran on the track today. 20-30MPH winds made the workout extra tough, but the tailwind was fun!
After warming up for a mile, I ran one mile at my 10k race pace followed by a 400 meter jog.

I then ran two miles at my 10k pace followed by another 400 meter jog.

I finished the workout with 2 800's at 10k pace (with a 400 meter jog between).


After running 14miles on Friday I was please to have such a strong track work out today.

Track workouts are great for adding speed. Most track sessions are around 5000 meters, but today's was slightly longer.

Wanted to experiment a little on the run today so I wore my Nike racing flats rather than my usual Adidas flats. The Nike's are about 2 oz lighter, and even in the wind today I could feel the difference.

Still trying to decide which pair of flats I'll wear for the Lucky 7k in two weeks in Denver.

No comments:

Post a Comment